Sunday, March 24, 2013

Ten Things

I decided to take a cue from other bloggers and share a few things I'm into right now...
 
What I'm loving...

Springtime & the arrival of warm weather


Isn't everyone?  I'm so blessed that I live on the coast and our temperatures start to get into the upper 70s in March/April.  I think we even hit 80 on Monday - at least according to my car.  I'm a summer time girl and I look forward to days spent on the waterThe sunroof on my Jeep has been open A LOT lately and I'm loving every minute!!  

What I'm listening to...

Miranda Lambert's Momma's Broken Heart - Miranda has done it again.  How does she come out with so many great songs?  This one has been on repeat in my car.  (And it is by no means a reflection of my own momma!)



What I'm eating...

Lean Cuisine Mushroom Mezzaluna Ravioli
I'm not a huge fan of mushrooms so ordinarily I would have never even given this a second glance.  But a few weeks ago, at a new pasta restaurant in town, Mirko, our friend Harry got their mushroom ravioli and it was really good.  So when I saw this grocery shopping, I decided to try it.  OMG - this is so good!!  I don't say that often about frozen dinners.  Usually they serve a purpose and I try to find the decent ones, but they aren't exactly something I really love to eat.  I wanted to lick the plastic tray clean.  And at 290 calories, you can't go wrong!


What I'm Watching...

Downton Abbey

Yep, I've been sucked in.  I'd been hearing/reading about this show a lot, but I'll be honest, it sounded boring to me.  When I saw it on our On Demand, I decided to try it.  I'm hooked.  I've only been watching a couple weeks and I'm already midway through season 2.  Cameron, however, is less enthusiastic...




Oz
Cameron & I are not huge movie watchers.  We tend to wait for movies to come out on DVD and pick them up at the Redbox rather than spend $20 to see it in the movie theater.  We're cheap like that.  But our friends were going to see Oz and I actually wanted to see it.  They did a really good job developing the backstory of how the characters came to be in the Wizard of Oz we all know.  I doubt it's going to win any awards, but I really enjoyed it.

What I'm buying...

Monogrammed iphone cover
I originally purchased an Otterbox commuter case for my iphone 5 when I got it in December.  Cameron broke it trying to get it off about a month later.  Otterbox sent me a new one no questions asked, but the new one had rough edges that scratched my face.  So I finally decided to just get something different and keep the Otterbox as a backup.  I've been eyeing the monogrammed cases for a while, so when MyCustomCase.com popped up on Groupon, I jumped on it.  I have to say, I've been very pleased!


What I'm Reading...

The Paris Wife
I've been working on this book for a while.  It's the story of Ernest Hemingway's first wife and their relationship.  It's actually really good, the problem is finding time to read.  I struggle reading at night because once I start, I want to keep going, and before I know it, it's the wee hours of the morning.  So I tend to read blogs on my Nook at night before I go to bed, because it's easier to come to a stopping point.  However, I really want to finish this book.  With the summer coming up, I know I'll have plenty of boat/beach time for reading.

What I'm Wearing...

Mint Jeans

I decided to join the colored jean trend.  I'm late, I know.  I'm not really a trendsetter, I tend to wait and see if trends are really going to stick first.  Why not pick my favorite color for spring to start with?

What I've accomplished...

Ran a 5K

This weekend, Cameron & I ran in the Azalea Trail Run and I actually ran the whole 5K, a personal goal.  If you remember, last year I just wanted to finish, so this year I wanted to actually run the whole thing.  I've really been working on my running lately so I felt confident I could do it.  I was by no means fast - I finished in 43 minutes 50 seconds, which is actually slower than my time last year when I ran/walked!!  I was so focused on keeping a slow pace so that I wouldn't lose my endurance.  Oh well, I still accomplished my goal and now I can focus on improving my speed.

What I'm planning...

A DIY project with chalk paint


This dresser originally belonged to Cameron's parents before he took it off to Auburn with him.  We then used it as a newlywed student couple.  It has seen better days, but we kept it when we moved into our home because I think it has "good bones."  It is solid wood and has pretty curves, but needs some "love."  I've always intended on painting it and replacing the hardware, but just never got around to it.  It went in one of our guest rooms and stayed there.  Lately, I've been having the itch to try out some chalk paint, but the nearest place to buy Annie Sloan is an hour away so when I found Cece Caldwell's chalk paint at my favorite local antique store, I decided now is the time to do it.  Of course, I have three 6-day work weeks ahead of me so I'm not exactly sure when I'm going to get around to it....

Hope you've enjoyed a little insight into what I'm loving/doing/buying right now!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment