Saturday, September 1, 2012

Foodie Friday

So I got a good start to my month of healthy eating by stocking up on fresh fruits & veggies.  I'll be honest - I don't think I have ever bought this much produce in one trip.

First recipe up - Quinoa stuffed peppers from Eat Yourself Skinny.  I liked them, but Cameron wants a little more seasoning.  Overall a good vegetarian recipe!

I made some kale chips for snacking.  Yum!  They didn't last one night!  I've been hearing about these a lot lately.  I followed the directions over at Eat Yourself Skinny.


I also tried out a lighter version of "fried" okra that I found on Pinterest.  You can find the recipe here.  Basically you coat the okra with seasoned cornmeal, spray with Pam, and bake in the oven.  Much healthier than frying it.  Not quite as tasty but a decent substitution.  Next time we will go heavier on the Tony's creole seasoning.





So far I'm doing pretty well with the dieting/exercising.  I've missed a few days of working out and I cheated on the diet a bit when Hurricane Isaac came through! 






No comments:

Post a Comment