1. AUBURN FOOTBALL - College football starts this Saturday and as always I'm pumped. After last season, the only place to go is up - Right?? With a new coach #gusbus and a new quarterback, I'm hoping Auburn grows this year and pulls out a few more wins - and of course an Alabama loss ;)
2. SAM aka our new foster dog. If you've been reading my blog, you may know that we have fostered for the Southeastern German Shorthaired Pointer Rescue before. Well, we got the call again and foster #3 was transported to us from Florence, AL on Sunday. He's about a 2 year old neutered male full of puppy energy. Sadly, I'm sure he belonged to someone prior to ending up at the shelter because he knows how to sit and didn't hesitate to jump on our bed the first night. He's super sweet and will make a great family dog. He's not on the website yet, but if you're interested in him let me know!
3. BELLA ISLAND MOONLIGHT CANDLE - I picked up this great candle at Tarjay this week after reading about it on this blog. It smells amazing, and let's face it, sometimes you just want the candle for the cute container too!
4. BACK ON THE DIET TRAIN - after a week of indulging in fried seafood and sweets on vacation, it's time to get back on the diet train. I counted calories pretty diligently last winter/this spring and lost almost 10lbs. I really saw the number on the scale drop when I cut out diet coke. Honestly, for me, the number on the scale has never been my issue - it's more about how my clothes are fitting. When I couldn't fit into my shorts last summer, it became a goal, and I'm happy to say I was wearing my old shorts again this summer. After counting calories for so long, I kinda learned what I could eat in a day and eventually stopped keeping track, but after this summer, I think it's time for a little refresher course. This app is my calorie counter of choice:
5. BLUEBERRY QUINOA SALAD - Last night, I was on my own for dinner since Cameron went to the University of South Alabama football game with friends. Secretly, I kinda enjoy when I'm on my own because I get to eat "girl food" as Cameron calls it. Usually, its Greek food (salad, pasta, or takeout from the Greek restaurant down the road) or some type of pasta. This time I decided to try out this salad I found on Pinterest. I did substitute a light raspberry vinaigrette instead of the suggested dressing in order to cut down on some calories. It was delicious! Strawberries are my go-to fruit for salads, but I really enjoyed the blueberries, and the quinoa added some protein to keep me full.