Monday, August 26, 2013

Family Vaca

We just got back from a week-long family beach vacation.  For the last 4 years my parents have rented a condo in Orange Beach, AL for a week so the family could spend a little quality time together. My brother and his family come in from Austin, Tx, my parents come down from Memphis, TN, and Cameron and I make the long drive from Mobile :). I was especially looking forward to this trip since I would be meeting my new niece that Chris & Emily adopted in March. Of course, she was as precious as I imagined!


We spent the week lounging on the beach, playing in the pool, and relaxing in the lazy river. 



future diva




I have a picture of Elijah chasing the sea gulls every year.  The first year he was crawling after them!

nothing like an empty beach


We even got in a trip on the boat with a private dolphin show and a blue angel flyover. 

Elijah loved driving the boat with Uncle Cameron

power nap with Gramps

Blue Angels fly over

Emily & Zoe




And a stop at Robinson island. Unfortunately there wasn't much playing in the water because the jellyfish were swarming!

waiting for the hermit crab to move

We did have a few stormy days, which has been par for the course this summer.  But sometimes it's nice to watch a storm roll in on the beach 



I picked up a few of seashells.  Don't talk to my husband about my seashell hoarding issues...


Of course there was plenty of lounging in the condo as anyone who has vacationed with young children knows. 



You know I had to get her in something monogrammed!


sitting up by herself for the second time (I missed the first time)

Oh and eating out too!  


our view from Tacky Jacks



Cameron and I went to a new restaurant/bar, The Gulf, one rainy afternoon. We'd heard it was good and it lived up to our expectations.  Great atmosphere!  We will definitely be back!

strawberry mojito

love this seating area!
They have the cutest gift shop.  I'm thinking maybe this is what I should do with all my shells...
It was great vacation and special thanks to my parents for making it happen!  Now to get back to the real world...

No comments:

Post a Comment