Monday, October 15, 2012

Weekend at the Beach

While other bloggers are breaking out the boots & scarves to welcome fall, we took off to the beach for a quick weekend trip.  October is one of my favorite times to visit - still warm and few crowds.  This weekend was also the annual Shrimp Festival in Gulf Shores.

This was my first time at the Shrimp Festival.  It's your typical arts & crafts fair, but with LOTS of food.  Mostly your typical fair food with plenty of fried seafood.  I have to admit I expected more local restaurants showing off their shrimp specialties, but who can complain about fair food?
chicken on a stick & deep fried bread pudding



The Guy Harvey booth had a corn hole contest.  There was no way Cameron & Harry were passing up that!


This was my favorite sand sculpture contest entry -

Sunday, we hung around the dock at Harry's house on the lagoon.





Have I mentioned I love living this close to the beach??

No comments:

Post a Comment