Sunday, November 4, 2012

Dean

I realized the other day that I never mentioned our new foster dog, Dean, on the blog.



I guess he's not really "new" anymore!  Dean came into our life at the end of August.  Some of you may remember we had a foster dog, Hank, this spring.  Dean came to us through the same organization, here.



What can I say?  We're sucker for German Shorthairs!  Dean was pulled from a shelter in Tennessee.  He was horribly emaciated.  He lived in another temporary foster home for a couple months until one of the group's coordinators contacted me about being a permanent foster for him.  How could I say no?  He was transported by multiple rescue volunteers to Evergreen, AL, where we picked him up at a truckstop.  He was still very skinny when we got him, but I have worked on putting some weight on him!  Since he was a stray, we don't know much about him.  He is about 5 years old and has a limp.  He is skittish if you make any sudden movements, and scared of the cat, but he has got to be the most affectionate dog I have ever met!!  If he could snuggle up with you all day long, he'd be the happiest dog in the world.






Quite frankly - I'm attached.  I tease Cameron that we may be "foster failures" with this guy, at which point he reminds me that our house is a bit of a zoo with 4 animals!  In fact I still haven't posted him on the group's website.  It's on my to-do list - promise.  Secretly, it's because I don't want to let him go.  But I agree, while we love him very much, I want to find him the perfect forever home.  So if anyone out there is looking for a sweet older guy to snuggle with, let me know!

***Updated 11/12 - If you are interested in adopted Dean, you can find out more information here.





No comments:

Post a Comment