Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Laziness

Today is Ash Wednesday, which marks the beginning of Lent.  I grew up a Baptist, so Lent was not something we routinely recognized.  However, marrying into an Episcopal family, I have begun to understand and appreciate this religious holiday.  It's a time to sacrifice something in our lives that will be a daily reminder of Christ's sacrifice.  This year I was a little creative...

I'm giving up Laziness.

It's a strange one, I know.  This started as a commitment to exercise daily for 40 days.  I figured that was at least 30 minutes a day that would remind me of what Christ gave up for me, but I couldn't make it fit as "giving up" something.  Cameron came up with the laziness title.  So yes it fits in with my renewed resolution to get fit, but I hope to make it something more meaningful over the next 40 days.

What are you giving up for Lent?


No comments:

Post a Comment