Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Memorial Weekend

I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday weekend!  Memorial weekend is synonymous with the start of summer in my opinion, and of course this year was no different!

We kicked it off a little early with a concert on Thursday night - Old Crowe Medicine Show at the Saenger.  AMAZING!





After work on Friday, we headed down to Gulf Shores as usual.  Sadly, none of my girls could join us this year so it was just me and the boys.  We spent Saturday lounging on the beach.  I caught up on my magazines and worked on my tan, while the guys played ball in the water.



Saturday night we went out for dinner then over to The Gulf, one of our favorite beach bars, for a drink.  They make the best mojito!







They also have an amazing gift shop.  I fell in love with this candle and it had to come home with me.  Not only is it cute, but it smells amazing!

Paddywax Ocean Tide + Sea Salt

Sunday was a boat day.  We briefly considered stopping at Robinson island but decided against it with this craziness...

boats 2 and 3 deep

I later heard from a friend that we missed out on a semi-celebrity sighting.  Anyone watch Party Down South?  Such a train wreck but you can't look away, right?  Daddy & Mattie were on the island and from what I hear they aren't much different than the show.

And no holiday weekend is complete without a Pirate's Cove trip.  Crazy as always, but those burgers and bushwackers really hit the spot!



pretty sure I take one of these pics every summer


Monday morning we had some more beach time before heading back to Mobile. 




I have so many photography apps on my phone and rarely play with them.  This picture seemed perfect for the Waterlogue app

All in all, a perfect beach weekend!  But let's be honest - is there ever a bad weekend at the beach??



No comments:

Post a Comment