HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
The year 2011 brought many new changes in the Gill household and I am looking forward to a great 2012. As many people do, I make resolutions and goals every year. This year is no different.
1) My first goal is to start a blog - obviously I am working on that one now. I have contemplated starting a blog for some time, but kept saying I would put it off until we have children. From what I hear, I have more time to write now than I ever will once there are little feet running around the house. I love reading other people's blogs, so why should the moms get to have all the fun? I also think a blog will help motivate me to work on some of my other goals.
2) This is the year that I WILL learn how to operate our fancy Nikon camera and take good pictures. I am always inspired by the beautiful photos I see around blogland and I hope that my own blog will encourage me to improve my photography skills.
3) I have always loved craft projects and started scrapbooking back in high school. However, college and vet school put much of that on the back burner. But that amazing little site called Pinterest has got me itching to get back to it. Plus, my parents were very generous this Christmas, and I am now the proud owner of a Silhouette Cameo machine!
4) This next goal is a continuation of last years - to improve my cooking repertoire. I did a pretty good job this year of making new sides & main dishes, but rarely ventured to desserts, appetizers, etc. Pinterest is again very inspiring, as well as my massive binder of torn out recipes and large cookbook collection. All I can say is Cameron better get ready to eat!
5) Goal #4 makes Goal #5 somewhat of a necessity - Exercise! More specifically running. Cameron has been after me to take up running with him for a couple years now. I stick with it for a while but life always gets in the way. I plan to run my first 5K at the Azalea Trail Run this March (I started to sweat a little just typing that!). Last fall I started a Couch to 5K program so this week we will be picking up where I left off.
So now that my goals are set, I hope to keep myself accountable through this blog as well as share a little of the Gill life along the way. Until next time!