Friday, July 6, 2012

Foodie Friday

Alright so there are 2 weeks of recipes in today's post.

Last Sunday night I had planned a quick & easy dinner - Fettuccine Alfredo with chicken & Conecuh sausage.  I thought I had a jar of alfredo sauce in the pantry, but discovered I was wrong once we started cooking.  A quick search on Food Network found Emeril's alfredo recipe and I actually had all the ingredients to make it.  Overall it was good - reminded us of some of the cajun pasta recipes we have made.  Doubtful that it will replace the good ol' jarred sauce.  I definitely prefer the creaminess of the sauce out of the jar.

I made another apricot glazed pork chop recipe - what is it about fruit & pork?  This one came from Better Homes & Gardens and included onions and Dijon mustard to give it a little kick.  Definitely a hit.


I have been loving these corn/avocado summer salads lately.  I think I have at least a half dozen variations pinned on Pinterest!  I made this one last weekend to go with Cameron's smoked butt.  Yum!


 Last night, I tried out a recipe from Pinterest - Cheesy Rice Bake.  It was originally for chicken, but I decided to switch out the chicken for ground deer meat (always looking for ways to use it up!).  Another adjustment I made was to add taco seasoning when browning the meat.  I feel like it would have been way too bland without it!  Completely forgot to take a picture of it - honestly it looks much like any casserole with cheese on top! :)  Overall, it was good, but not good enough to be a keeper.  We are starting to get pretty picky around here about what constitutes a "keeper!"

That's it for now.  Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment