Monday, July 9, 2012

Spice jars

Everytime I look for a spice in my cabinet, I get frustrated.  I buy all different brands, so therefore all the jars are different sizes.  The tiny ones always seem to hide, then I end up buying more, only to discover it was there the whole time.  I feel like I pull half of them out to find one.  Enter Pinterest with a solution! 

I saw on Pinterest where someone had cleaned out baby food jars and spray painted the lids with chalkboard paint.  I have a shallow drawer next to my stove that is the perfect size for those little jars.  I don't have a child, so baby food jars are I not something I buy.  I hated to waste all that food so I went looking on Ebay.  Who knew that you can buy clean, empty baby food jars sans label and everything??

I used this paint:


Rust-Oleum 1913830 Chalkboard Spray, Black, 11-Ounce

And I opted for a liquid chalk paint pen instead of traditional chalk.  The paint pen doesn't rub off as easily.  They say you have to use a wet cloth to remove it.  So far no smudging!  I bought mine through Amazon.  I'm sure you can find them at craft stores, but since I have free shipping through Amazon Prime, sometimes it's just easier than running all over town!
NeoChalk Liquid Chalk Marker Chisel Tip - White

I'm really happy with how my spice jars turned out!  No more searching!




1 comment: