Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Remember me?  I'm Heather, and I used to blog here...

I apologize for the extended absence.  Life took over and the blog took a backseat.  I was working crazy hours for the last couple of months and my free time was spent preparing for the holidays, spending time with family & friends, a little traveling, oh yeah, and a tornado.  Don't worry - everyone is safe & sound, but I will catch up on the recent happenings in another post.  On to the topic of this post...


via
 Today marks the beginning of a new year - and the 1 year anniversary of my little blog.  I have to say it's been fun, and I'm looking forward to another year.  I thought it would be a good idea to look back at my 2012 resolutions and see what I accomplished (and didn't!):

1) Start a blog - Check

2) Learn to operate the fancy Nikon camera - working on it.  I have definitely made improvements in this area.  I at least know how to take it off auto and how to make some adjustments to improve the pictures.  Not quite where I hoped to be in a year, though.

3) Scrapbook more - Fail.  This one really didn't happen at all and will roll over to the 2013 list!

4) Improve my cooking repertoire - yes and no.  I did make a lot of new recipes this year.  But my goal was to branch out into other categories besides main & side dishes.  I did some of this, but not quite as much as I had hoped.

5) Exercise - not bad.  I accomplished my goal of running my first 5K, but running still didn't become a habit for me.  I still run off and on depending on my schedule.  My endurance is much better than it was a year ago though, so I'm happy with my progress.

So what do I want to accomplish in 2013?  I have to say my 2013 new year's resolutions aren't that much different.

1) Be a better blogger.  I doubt that I will ever be a daily blogger, but I do plan to post more regularly and not have extended absences. 

2) Continue working on my photography.  One way I plan to do this is through a photo-a-day challenge.  I found Fat Mum Slim through Pinterest.  Each month she posts a list with a picture challenge for each day.  While I'd like to do this for a whole year, I'm just taking it a month at a time - got to be realistic, right?  I may stray from the list at times, but my goal is to use the Nikon each day.  Get ready for lots of photo dumps!

3) Scrapbook / craft more.  See 2012, 'nuf said.

4) Be a better housekeeper.  Instead of cooking, I'm adding housekeeping this year as my "suzy homemaker" resolution.  Don't get me wrong, there will still be plenty of recipe experimentation, but I think I did pretty well last year.  Time to work on something else.  Cameron and I are both pretty good about the "surface cleaning" - picking up, sweeping/vacuuming, etc.  It's the deeper cleaning we never think to do - like baseboards, wiping down doors, cleaning windows...  You know, the fun stuff.  My mom is a great housekeeper and their house is always spotless.  I never realized quite how much work it took to keep it that way - especially when you have 4 fur-babies!

5) Exercise / Running.  Yep, it's back on the list.  (Isn't it on everyone's list?)  This year, I want to make running a habit - at least 3x a week.  And I want to run in more than just 1 race this year.  The only thing standing in my way of this one is myself (and laziness!)

So that's my list.  Here's to a new year and new beginnings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment