I apologize for the extended absence. Life took over and the blog took a backseat. I was working crazy hours for the last couple of months and my free time was spent preparing for the holidays, spending time with family & friends, a little traveling, oh yeah, and a tornado. Don't worry - everyone is safe & sound, but I will catch up on the recent happenings in another post. On to the topic of this post...
1) Start a blog - Check
2) Learn to operate the fancy Nikon camera - working on it. I have definitely made improvements in this area. I at least know how to take it off auto and how to make some adjustments to improve the pictures. Not quite where I hoped to be in a year, though.
3) Scrapbook more - Fail. This one really didn't happen at all and will roll over to the 2013 list!
4) Improve my cooking repertoire - yes and no. I did make a lot of new recipes this year. But my goal was to branch out into other categories besides main & side dishes. I did some of this, but not quite as much as I had hoped.
5) Exercise - not bad. I accomplished my goal of running my first 5K, but running still didn't become a habit for me. I still run off and on depending on my schedule. My endurance is much better than it was a year ago though, so I'm happy with my progress.
So what do I want to accomplish in 2013? I have to say my 2013 new year's resolutions aren't that much different.
1) Be a better blogger. I doubt that I will ever be a daily blogger, but I do plan to post more regularly and not have extended absences.
2) Continue working on my photography. One way I plan to do this is through a photo-a-day challenge. I found Fat Mum Slim through Pinterest. Each month she posts a list with a picture challenge for each day. While I'd like to do this for a whole year, I'm just taking it a month at a time - got to be realistic, right? I may stray from the list at times, but my goal is to use the Nikon each day. Get ready for lots of photo dumps!
3) Scrapbook / craft more. See 2012, 'nuf said.
4) Be a better housekeeper. Instead of cooking, I'm adding housekeeping this year as my "suzy homemaker" resolution. Don't get me wrong, there will still be plenty of recipe experimentation, but I think I did pretty well last year. Time to work on something else. Cameron and I are both pretty good about the "surface cleaning" - picking up, sweeping/vacuuming, etc. It's the deeper cleaning we never think to do - like baseboards, wiping down doors, cleaning windows... You know, the fun stuff. My mom is a great housekeeper and their house is always spotless. I never realized quite how much work it took to keep it that way - especially when you have 4 fur-babies!
5) Exercise / Running. Yep, it's back on the list. (Isn't it on everyone's list?) This year, I want to make running a habit - at least 3x a week. And I want to run in more than just 1 race this year. The only thing standing in my way of this one is myself (and laziness!)
So that's my list. Here's to a new year and new beginnings!!