Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sweater stone

I found a product that has changed my life, so of course I have to share!


What's a sweater stone?  I had no idea either until my dad gave my mom one for Christmas.  He ordered her a sweater from L.L. Bean and decided to add this on to this order.  It looks a lot like a pumice stone that you brush across the sweater to remove the "pills" that we all hate.  I was skeptical at first.  I have tried an electric shaver before and it just didn't seem to do the trick.  But I decided to give it a try and ordered one from Amazon.  My favorite fleece jacket is a Mountain Hardware Monkeyman fleece, but the non-"furry" areas along the hem and pockets were horribly pilled (is that a word?).  I went to work with the sweater stone, and in less than 10 minutes all the pills were gone!  I will warn you - it makes a mess.  I sat down on the bed and ended up with a duvet covered with black balls of fuzz and grit.  After a quick run with the hand vac, the mess was cleaned, my fleece is like new again, and I'm in love with my sweater stone!

PS. Mom, if you haven't tried it out yet, you should!

No comments:

Post a Comment