Friday, November 22, 2013

Five on Friday


Time for this week's Five on Friday!



Until recently, I was never a daily mascara wearer. I know, I know. Women everywhere are gasping.  I have oily skin and even "smudge-proof" brands left me with dark circles under my eyes halfway through the day. Not a pretty look. But as I've gotten older my skin has become less of an oil slick and lately I've been feeling like I needed a little extra oomph. The good old 3-0 can do that to ya!  So I decided to give mascara another chance. And of course I figured go big or go home, so I purchased this mascara that everyone has been raving about. I have to say, I think I'm a convert! 



I always love finding a new online boutique to check out. I heard about In Bloom over at Hello! Happiness and found this adorable top/jacket.  It is so comfortable and a great price!  

via

This week is drop-off week for Operation Christmas Child.  It's a program through Samaritan's Purse, a Christian organization that seeks to spread the joy of Christmas to less fortunate children in countries across the world.  To participate, you just pack a shoebox or similar sized box full of toys and toiletries then drop it off at designated locations.  Volunteers then distribute them to the children.  The videos of the kids receiving their boxes will absolutely bring tears to your eyes.  We take so many things for granted and the joy on their faces over receiving such basic things really brings things into perspective.  Personally, I've been collecting things all year long via the Dollar Spot at Target, but if you want to participate this year you could easily make a run to the Dollar Store, fill a box, and get in in before the November 25 deadline.



So I have to admit that I've been listening to Christmas music for a couple weeks now.  I just can't help it!  A couple of my girlfriends found me out when they got in my car the other day and I forgot to change the channel.  I may even start pulling out the decorations this weekend.  I know a lot of people are big believers in waiting until after Thanksgiving, but personally I like to extend the holiday season as long as I can.



Speaking of Thanksgiving, I'm sure this one is on everybody's top 5 this week, but I'm so looking forward to Thanksgiving.  Cameron and I are heading to the farm my mom grew up at.  My grandmother loves having everyone together and we usually make quite a crowd. 

via
I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family and friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment