Sunday, November 10, 2013

Halloween at the Fair

This year we decided to spend Halloween at the Greater Gulf State Fair.  It all started with a group text message about how we hadn't been to the fair in years and did anyone want to go this year.  For me, I had not been since high school - about 13 years ago!  We finally decided on Halloween night for several reasons 1) no one in the group has children, 2) we wouldn't be home to answer the door for trick or treaters (I know, I know, bah-hum-bug.  It's just no fun with dogs that go nuts every time the doorbell rings!), and 3) there would be fewer people at the fair.  It turned out to be a genius idea!  We hardly ever waited in line and often were the only people on the ride!



 Darla and I chose to sit this ride out and laugh at everyone else's expressions instead.  I love fair rides but have a thing about heights.  And does anyone else ever worry about rides being set up overnight by a bunch of drugged out carnies??






Funny that one of the highlight for us was the petting zoo.  Cameron announced that we NEED a goat.  And how cute is the camel.  Guess how many "Hump Daaaay!" jokes were made...


king of the mountain - on a live turtle!



funny house mirrors are never good for a girl's ego


this girl failed miserably at guessing Harry's age.  I think she was honestly embarrassed by how much she overshot it by

Of course the food is one of my favorite parts of the fair.  I stuck with a tried and true corndog, but the hubs was in heaven when he saw this.  It was actually really good!



We had a great time!  I didn't realize how much I had missed the sights and sounds of the fair - and of course the food!  But I do have to admit, I was definitely feeling my age Friday morning.  I felt like I had been in a car wreck!  Aleve was my friend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment