Monday, November 18, 2013

The Miracle in Jordan-Hare

If you haven't heard by now about the crazy comeback Auburn had against Georgia this weekend, then you really don't watch college football!  Auburn dominated much of the first 3 quarters, then sat back and let it slip away to trail UGA 38-37.  It came down to 4th and 18 with 73 yards to go and 36 seconds left.  I was honestly just praying for fieldgoal range.

And then this happened....



The UGA coaches were priceless:



And another video from on the field to appreciate the deafening crowd noise:



My parents were there and said the stadium was the loudest they have ever heard and they've been going to Auburn games since the 70s!

We were at home in our living room with just a few friends over - one fellow Auburn fan (Mary), an LSU fan (Harry), and a Bama fan (Darla - yep, we're nice like that!)  The mood was really getting bad and they were already talking about skipping out on dinner and leaving after the game since Cameron and I were pretty unhappy by that point.  Then that lucky catch.  And I completely admit it was a lucky catch - but sometimes it's good to be lucky!  I really wish I had a video of what happened in our living room after that.  We ALL went nuts!  Our friends didn't even care who won but they were screaming and yelling.  My husband almost threw me into the ceiling fan.  Then proceeded to pick up Mary and Darla too.  He didn't care Darla's usually wearing red & houndstooth! :)

Yesterday, I saw this video of the replay being shown at South Carolina's game:



Only in the SEC!  You're welcome South Carolina.  If Missouri loses, they are on their way to the SEC championship.  And IF we can pull out a win over Alabama, and you never know with the Iron Bowl, we just might see you there!

WAR EAGLE!

1 comment:

  1. Is it bad that I just teared up watching that catch again? I never would have guessed 10 years ago that I would be so affected by football. :) I can't wait for Saturday! I pray that we play like we did in the first 2.5 quarters of the UGA game. WAR EAGLE!

    ReplyDelete