Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Tomato Parmesan Soup

Just after Christmas, I made this Tomato Basil Parmesan Soup that I got from my mom's Pinterest page.  Let me tell you, it's amazing!  I actually cheated and used frozen already diced vegetables and I decided I wanted a creamier soup so I ran my immersion blender through it.  Cameron isn't a huge soup eater, but he loved it.  I froze the rest for later and during the ice storm I figured it was a perfect time to pull it out.  Just as delicious the second time around.  I had to share it!

picture from here

Since we had been cooped up and I was antsy, I decided to try my hand at making bread for the first time ever.  Seemed like a perfectly logical thing to do to me.  I followed this recipe.  It was pretty easy and turned out really well.  I would have preferred it to be a little airier, but Cameron liked it dense.  We took out a whole loaf in one night.



 Apparently, Lulu the cat liked it, too, because when I came home from work the next day she had demolished it through the ziploc bag!  Maybe she was trying to tell us we didn't need to eat the second loaf anyways.  I'm already planning what bread to make next!

No comments:

Post a Comment