Friday, June 13, 2014

Five on Friday

I figure it's about time to do another five on Friday. We have been loving summer around here - lots of boat rides and beach time!


1. Red snapper season was last week. Sadly it was shortened to only 9 days this year - a sore subject around the Alabama gulf coast. Cameron managed to get one fishing trip in last weekend while I was in Destin. Then my amazing hubby made me this for dinner ...

Snapper and cheese grits with a Conecuh sausage sauce. AH-ma-zing!!



2. Wandering down the wine aisle at Winn-Dixie, I spotted this 

Only in Alabama!  War Eagle!


3. I've been contemplating it for a while and finally took the plunge to join a Mardi Gras association.  I'm the newest member of the Order of the LaShe's.  We went to our first event the other day and had a blast!  Now I can't wait until I'm allowed to ride in a parade! 




4. A friend introduced me to these chips and now I'm addicted. They are so good and I've convinced myself that they are healthy :) 



5. We finally took the plunge and signed up for a CSA (community supported agriculture) box. It helps that the group we went through lets you do a 4 week trial so we can see if we like it.  We chose the small size and this is what our first one had (minus the cantaloupe that I had already cut up) 



I hope everyone has a great weekend!  I'll be co-hosting a Sip and See for an adorable new baby boy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment