Sunday, September 29, 2013

5 on Friday

***So I had full intentions of having this posted on Friday - until I went off for the weekend on Thursday without uploading pictures and scheduling my post.  Oops!  Guess I was just a little too excited about #5!



1. Fresh Blue Crabs - we had an amazing dinner fresh from the gulf last week. A technician announced that her friend had collected way too many crabs from his traps, did anybody want some?  Umm, yes please!  We invited Mary & Poe over for fresh steamed blue crabs. Nothing like living near the water!




2. New Girl -  I am so excited for the return of New Girl, one of my favorite sitcoms. It is laugh out loud funny and if you haven't watched it yet you should!



3. Adorable Fall Decorations - I still have yet to even start on putting out any fall decorations. I've been burning a pumpkin candle, does that count?  I recently filled in at a vet clinic in Monroeville, a couple hours away, and decided to walk around the town square while I was there. My original goal was to visit the courthouse where To Kill a Mockingbird was set, but it was closed for the day. So I went shopping instead!  Found this precious little guy and knew he had to come home with me. He'll be perfect for my fall decor - if I ever get around to it! 



4. J.Crew Baby - Have you heard that J.Crew just launched a baby line.  I'm in trouble and I don't even have kids, yet!  But what I do have are nephews and a niece and lots of friends having babies.  In typical J.Crew form, I'll definitely be watching the sales, but how cute are these???







5. Fall Weekends at the Beach - We are off to Gulf Shores for a long weekend at the beach with friends.  September/October is my favorite time of the year to be at the beach.  It's still warm, but not blazing hot and the crowds have cleared out.  It really is amazing!  I know now is the time everyone is talking about how much they love fall, and it's true there are things I enjoy about the season, but when you get down to it, I'm just a summer girl at heart!



No comments:

Post a Comment