Sunday, September 8, 2013

Labor Day

Sad that's it's already the end of another weekend again and I'm just now posting about our Labor Day weekend shenanigans!  That's just how my week has been!

I started off last Friday night with a little ladies night at a friend's house with a movie, appetizers, and of course wine!  Cameron started the weekend off fishing - of course.  He and Poe caught some nice redfish.




Saturday brought the kickoff of college football.  We had everyone over to our house to watch the games.  We had Auburn, LSU, and yes, even Alabama fans representing.  Between the TV in our living room and the one we have installed on the back deck, everyone was happy.  Somehow I managed to not take a single picture!  Rest assured we had a great time - and even had a pregnancy announced - just not ours! :)  My Auburn Tigers are looking better this year - pulled out a couple of wins so far!  We won't win any championships, but at least we may actually win a few games!

Sunday afternoon, I was getting coached on the art of picking the perfect Fantasy Football team.  Yep, you read that right.  I'm actually playing this year.  We were invited to play in a couples league.  Cameron & I have separate teams and will even play each other, but he was a good husband and helped me a ton.  Of course, our friend, Harry, had to give me his 2 cents to make sure Cameron doesn't try to sabotage my team!  The live draft was Sunday night and was actually really fun.  Apparently, I ended up with a good team but so far they aren't doing so hot.




For Labor Day, we packed up the boat for a trip to Dauphin Island.  The guys left early that morning for more fishing and the girls met up later.  We spent the afternoon lounging in the water, enjoying the beautiful day.  A quick trip to Fort Morgan for dinner at Tacky Jacks, then it was time to end the holiday weekend.



This weekend was a lazy one.  Cameron went fishing - of course, we watched our Tigers pulled out another win at a friends outside, and spent the rest of the weekend around the house.  Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment