Friday, March 9, 2012

Foodie Friday

I'm going to go ahead and apologize for the poor quality of some of the pictures this week.  I forgot to charge the Nikon so I used my cell phone instead.  On to the recipes...

In an effort to try new side dish recipes, we tried out zucchini cakes.  Not bad, but they seemed to be missing something.  I think I will look around for some other variations of this.

For Meatless Monday, Cameron made a recipe he found on Epicurious - Black Bean Burritos.  So good and definitely a keeper.

The first time I can remember eating a carbonara was at the Italian restaurant located at the resort in the Dominican Republic where we went for our honeymoon.  I saw this recipe on Pinterest and wanted to try it out.  I added shrimp as well.  Cameron said it was good, but he wanted a little more flavor.  I on the other hand loved it, but then I'm the girl that can eat a bowl of plain noodles.

For dinner tonight, Cameron fried pieces of the trout he caught yesterday.  For a side, I made a Cumin-Lime Carrots recipe I found on Pinterest.  They were good, but not really anything special.  No picture of the carrots though!

That's it for this week!
~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment