Friday, March 2, 2012

Foodie Friday

So I just realized that my last blog post was last Friday.  Sorry for the absence.  Between being sick and drastically decreasing my internet time for Lent, the blog has been a little neglected.  In all honesty, there hasn't been a whole lot going on.  My amazing husband showed up with some get-well flowers on Sunday. 
And Tuesday night we took pizza & beer to our friends, Mary & Poe, for dinner at their new house and helped them move the last of their things.  The house is amazing, but has a lot of work to update it.  I foresee some wallpaper stripping parties in my future!  And pool parties as well! :)  I (and Cameron) did manage to make a few recipes this week.  The first was a knock-off of the Cheesecake Factory's Louisiana Chicken Pasta.  I found the recipe here via Pinterest.  The blogger lightened it up a little by not frying the chicken, which I also did, as much as it pained me to do so!  We both enjoyed it, so I think this one will stick around.

This next recipe is all Cameron, but I thought I would share.  Cameron and our friend Harry both love the way a local trendy Mexican restaurant, Fuego, makes their steak.  It's topped with salsa and cheese.  Cameron has imitated the steak before, but decided to try it with chicken this time.  Cameron is not a recipe kind of guy.  He just throws it together, so sorry, there are no exact measurements.  He pounded the chicken breasts, then seasoned them with a mixture of chili powder, salt, pepper, cumin, garlic powder, & paprika.  He then grilled the chicken and at the end poured salsa on top and added slices of colby jack cheese.  The side was a can of corn + a can of black beans cooked together with a little of the same seasoning and some cilantro.  Definitely good, although I requested a little less seasoning next time.

I also tried out a dijon sauce on pork chops that I found on Pinterest, go figure!  Pretty basic but good.  I did get a little carried away with the reducing.  The fresh herb selection was pretty pitiful at the grocery store this week so I used dried rosemary.  I am contemplating starting a mini garden this spring, but we will see if it ranks high enough on the to-do list!

So that's about it for this week.  I'm finally feeling better and I think a good cookie recipe is just what I need...

~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment