Friday, April 20, 2012

Foodie Friday

I have several good recipes to share this week!

The first I pulled out of Coastal Living Magazine (a favorite of mine) - Pan-Roasted Pork Chops with Apricot-Ginger Glaze.  Very good!  I served it with some fresh green beans, which I make in the skillet with some butter and garlic.



I tried out a green smoothie recipe this week too.  It's called green, not for the color, but the fact that you add vegetables to it.  Now before you turn up your nose like my husband did, you have to give it a try.  You never even notice the greens!  I found the link to this blog on Pinterest.  She has tons of great smoothie recipes.  I made the Slammin' Sunrise with strawberries, blueberries, bananas, spinach, and vanilla almond milk.  This was our first experience with almond milk.  Doubt we will make the switch, but the vanilla flavor is good for smoothies.




Now for the grand finale...

Stuffed Flounder

Remember all those flounder Cameron's been catching?  Tonight we decided to try out a recipe from Uncle Bubba (Paula Deen's brother).  You can find it on Food Network.  We did switch out crab meat for diced shrimp.  Crab meat is never cheap, but it seemed exceptionally expensive everywhere I went so we opted for the shrimp.  Plus, Cameron made panko-fried shrimp for an appetizer with the extra shrimp.
We had an amazing dinner tonight.  Next on the list is Anson's crispy flounder if we can just find the recipe...

3 comments:

  1. that flounder looks amazing! I'm excited to try it out. happy to have found your blog, it's super cute! following you now dear xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delicious week you had!! I love green smoothies! My husband still claims he can taste the greens but he is crazy!! Best way to start the morning! So happy to have found your cute blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a beautiful blog with so many inspiring posts! Congrats on your work!
    Would you like to keep in touch following each other?

    ReplyDelete