Sunday, April 29, 2012

This week

We've had quite a busy week.  I have been working more than usual and tend to crash as soon as I get home.  So the blog has been neglected. 

First off, I forgot Foodie Friday since we didn't try out many new recipes this week.  For our meatless night (which ended up being on Thursday, but meatless Thursday just doesn't have the same ring to it...), we tried a recipe I found on Pinterest for Sweet Potato burgers.  Not bad, but we both prefer the black bean burgers I mentioned a few weeks ago.

Monday night, we celebrated our nephew, William's 3rd birthday.  He has such a bubbly personality and is absolutely precious with his head of curls.  He is quite attached to his Uncle Cameron and had informed him that he really needed a pair of sunglasses for his birthday - Curious George ones to be exact.  We didn't quite come through on the Curious George, but did manage to find a pair with monkeys on them.  I don't think he noticed!

After a busy workweek, we decided to go kayaking on Saturday.  I've mentioned before that Cameron has really been in to the kayak fishing lately.  I'm not such a big fan of fishing myself.  Now catching I like, but fishing is rather boring to me.  I did try my hand at catching the big one, but no such luck.

While fishing didn't hold my attention long, I did enjoy paddling around and taking in the beautiful day.  After years of growing up in Charleston, SC, I have a soft spot for marsh grass and Fowl River has plenty of it.






Yes, that is a Glamour magazine on the boat.  While Cameron & our friend, Elliott, fished, I worked on my tan and caught up with the girly magazines.

The boys were not too lucky with the fishing either.  A few little ones, but no keepers.  Elliott did manage to catch a seagull though.  Poor guy tried to eat the lure as Elliott was casting.  Luckily, he had poor aim and it caught him in the leg.  Don't worry, Elliott was able to reel him in and set him free.  No veterinary work needed on the river!

This morning, Cameron and I babysat his brother's 4 little boys.  Chris & Anne were out of town for the weekend so the family all took shifts with the boys.  They are so well behaved, but trust me, watching a 6, 4, 3, and almost 1 year old is hard work for someone not used to having children around.  We made it through the morning all in one piece!  I didn't take any pictures today, because I was too busy keeping up with everyone, so I stole this Easter picture from Anne's blog.  How could you not love these adorable boys?
They are tied for cuteness only with my brother's son, Elijah, who unfortunately lives several states away.  We don't get to see him much, but love hanging out with him when we do.  Definitely looking forward to our family beach vacation this summer!  Here we are on vacation last year:

I'm looking forward to a quiet night at home.  I have another busy work week ahead, then it's time to celebrate my 29th birthday.  Yep, only one more year left until the big 3-0!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment