Saturday, April 7, 2012

Foodie Saturday

One of the things I love about living in Mobile is happy hour at Wintzells Oyster House.  From 4-7pm, Monday thru Friday, you can get $5 pitchers and $5 for a dozen oysters.  I realize that slurping raw oysters is not something everyone enjoys, but Cameron and I love 'em!  After the oil spill a couple years ago, they were very hard to come by and when you could find them, they were pitifully small.  Thankfully, they're back and as delicious as ever!





While we treated ourselves to oysters Friday night, we did try out a couple new recipes this week.  Both I found through Pinterest.

First up - Spinach & Feta Quesadillas.  AMAZING!!  The hubs and I both loved this and wondered why we'd never tried something like it before.  We did make a few adjustments to the recipe.  We did not use boxed spinach, nor did we cook it.  Neither of us are big fans of cooked spinach.  So I bought a bag of fresh spinach leaves and we added them straight to the quesadillas.  We also chose to grill them on the Big Green Egg.  Cameron always jumps at the chance to use his egg (which coincidentally arrived on Easter last year).   We used spinach wraps rather than regular tortillas just because I had them already.  Yummy!  Definitely a keeper on our meatless rotation.





The only other recipe we tried out was a basic chicken recipe, Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken.  Pretty simple - mix together parmesan, Italian dressing mix, and garlic powder.  Dredge the chicken and bake.  Not bad, but nothing particularly exciting either.




Cameron and I have big dinner plans - a night out at Ruth's Chris.  Before you go thinking we're high rollers, we are going thanks to a very generous thank you gift from a family friend.  Now I feel like I should send a thank you gift FOR the thank you gift.  Oh well!  We will definitely enjoy our date night!

No comments:

Post a Comment