Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Before & After: Master Bedroom

The master bedroom.  Your retreat from the world.  If I had my way, it would be floor to ceiling white and muted linens, but according to my hubby - that's too girly.  Plus, we have a couple of fur-babies who like to snuggle in bed, so white probably would not have been the most practical choice anyways.  Oh, compromise.  So we started with this...

BEFORE:


AFTER:


The furniture was actually our first big purchase for the house.  I know in an ideal world, you don't buy the matching set, but instead accumulate coordinating pieces over time for a "collected" look, but we weren't working with a whole lot - money or furniture - and this set from Ashley fit the bill. I did opt out of the side tables and ordered the Charlotte tables from Pottery Barn.  I've really liked them since they don't take up much space, but still have some drawers for storage.  The lamps are from Target, but I'd really like to replace them with something different - maybe missmatched lamps, or even mounted sconces.  The bedding is from Bassett Furniture.  It's hard to see in the photos but it's a neutral paisley pattern and has held up well to our pups.  Unfortunately, it does stay wrinkly, which is explained in the second photo.  The rug is also from Pottery Barn, but is no longer available.  It's a herringbone pattern surrounded by a brown border.  The paint color is Valspar Patina.  If you notice the curtains aren't exactly hung well, it's because I have a bigger plan for them and haven't gotten around to it yet.  I want to make cornice boxes out of molding and have the curtains hanging from the inside.  Since I wouldn't need a pretty rod, I haven't spent money on one, so they've been on cheap rods that are a little wonky for the last 3 years.  Now that I've shared it with the world, hopefully, I'll actually do something about it.  We'd also like to hang crown molding, but that's a large project we have yet to muster of the courage to tackle.  Decor wise, I haven't done much.  I hung several of our wedding photos in here and the 3x3 collage made its way with us from Auburn.  And of course the giant black dog crate is always a beautiful touch. :)  I love our bedroom, but it still needs a little "finishing."

No comments:

Post a Comment