1. Snowpocalypse - I'm sure this will be featured in many of the Southern girls' posts this week and all you Northern girls are probably laughing at us, but hey, we just aren't used to seeing the white stuff! The storm hit Mobile Tuesday afternoon. I was working across the bay in Montrose and decided to leave early since all our clients were panicking and canceling their appointments anyways. It had already started sleeting, and I came out to find my car iced over. It even took me a couple tries to open my car door.
|not used to seeing this!|
By the time I got home, our yard was already turning white. Cameron and I bundled up on the sofa with a fire and holed up for the next 24 hours. The entire city was shut down - yep, all for 1-2 inches of snow/ice! The road we live off of was closed due to all the hills so there really was no where to go. By Wednesday afternoon, we had cabin fever and so did our friends Steve and Leslie down the street so we went to hang out with them for a while. Thursday morning, I headed back to work and had a brief episode with skidding across the ice on the interstate. Thankfully, I was going slow since I had just passed an accident and managed to straighten out without running into anyone, but I've come to the decision that the North can keep their snow. I have no interest in it!
2. Bark Box - I've been considering a Bark Box subscription for Lola & Lilly for a while so when it showed up on Groupon I jumped at the opportunity. If you aren't familiar with Bark Box, it's a monthly subscription box for your dogs. You choose the size of your pet, how many months you want to commit to, then each month a box arrives with toys and treats just for them. The girls' first box arrived a couple weeks ago and it's safe to say they loved it!
Each box comes with a card describing each item included in the box. This month we had an R2P Sprong football, Loving Pets Barksters treats, Think! Dog Alligator Jerky, Grandma Bowser's peanut butter treats, and a Barkworthies bully stick. We chose a 6 month subscription, but I have a feeling the Bark Box will probably be arriving at the Gill house for much longer! If you're interested in a Bark Box for your pup, you can use my referral link here.
3. Kitten Bowl - Since we're on the topic of pets, have you heard of the Kitten Bowl on the Hallmark channel Sunday before the Super Bowl? I've heard of the Puppy Bowl, but apparently this year there will also be a Kitten Bowl to promote cat adoptions. It's the brainchild of Beth Stern (Howard Stern's wife - who knew??) and looks pretty freaking cute!
4. Cookie Dough Oreos - Has anyone had these??? I've been on the hunt for them. Apparently, they aren't really released until after the Super Bowl, but a few select stores have them. According to one of the local radio DJs, they are in fact in Mobile, but I have yet to find them. I love Oreos and I've been known to eat cookie dough with a spoon so what's not to love?
5. Spider Veins - I'm sure you're wondering, Huh? Why is that on your Friday Five? Well, I have been plagued by these lovely purple lines for years. They first started showing up in high school and have gotten progressively worse. I'm sure they aren't that noticeable to anyone but me, but I still hated them. This week during my visit to my derm friend to have some moles checked out, she hooked me up with a little laser treatment for my spider veins. Yeah, she's a great friend! Of course, right now, it looks like I have leprosy on my legs, but I can't wait to see what it looks like in a couple weeks. Has anyone else ever had this done?