Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Showering Baby Hunley

A couple weeks ago I took off to Charleston for a long weekend. Well, technically, Summerville, one of the suburbs and the town where I grew up.  This was an extra special trip because I was in town to help host a baby shower for one of my good friends, Caroline.  Her baby girl, Hunley, is due in February.

I hosted the party with our friend Amelia at her beautiful new house. It was crazy planning a shower from 2 states away, but I think the shower was a success!




the guestbook

Baby Shower Bingo



topping for the hot chocolate bar (I forgot to get a picture of the rest of the food!)

only part of the gifts



working on their bingo cards


since I haven't blessed my mother with a baby yet, she put her sewing skills to work for Caroline's!


Of course, Hunley needs an Auburn dress

and maybe some Gamecocks wear to make her daddy happy, too!






Caroline's not a fan of the bump pics, but I made her do it anyways


Caroline with her mother & mother-in-law

with Caroline & my mom

with Caroline & Amelia
Of course I couldn't go back to Charleston and not spend at least a little time downtown. We spent Sunday afternoon wandering the Market and King Street.  The shopping has improved quite a bit since I was there.  I wandered into the new C.Wonder store just in time for a great sale.  My mom came down for the shower too, so it was so great to spend some time with her as well.




And I even got some steamed oysters.  Personally, I prefer them raw, but when in Charleston...



 It was so good to be back even if it was a quick trip!  Cameron and I both plan to go back for a longer trip after Hunley is born, and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment