Saturday, June 30, 2012

So You Think You Can Dance?

I am a dancer at heart.  I started ballet & tap at the age of 4 and  I picked up jazz along the way.  I continued until I was in high school, at which point I decided cheerleading at my little private school took priority and I quit.  It is one of the greatest regrets of my life.  While I enjoyed being active in my school life, dancing is in my heart - and still is.  I'm a ballet girl at heart, but love just about any style.  You will always find me on the dance floor!

One of my favorite shows is So You Think You Can Dance.  I love watching dancers excel in their style, as well as learning new styles.  Season 9 is looking like a great season!  One of my favorite styles to watch are the beat boy/steppers/pop&lockers.  I have no idea how they can move their body that way!  I especially love when they have such natural dance talent that it shines through in more technical pieces.  Most of them have never had formal training.  My all time favorite is definitely Twitch from Montgomery, AL on Season 4:





with another favorite from Season 4 - Kherington


This season, I'm amazed by Cyrus from Atlanta.  I mean, really, how can a person move like that?




but the dance I absolutely loved from the Top 20 show was the girls contemporary dance:



I know Cameron is as excited as I am about SYTYCD being back...

No comments:

Post a Comment