Friday, June 1, 2012

Foodie Friday



I tried 2 new recipes to take with us to the beach last weekend.  Unfortunately, we dove in before I managed to get pictures!

The first was Cucumber Salad that I found on Pinterest.  I remember my mom making this when I was younger.  Even though I'm not a big vinegar fan, I always liked it - probably since I love cucumbers.  Mary & I liked it, but the boys - not so much.  Oh well!

picture taken from Seasoned with Love


I also tried my hand at making hummus.  I used this recipe from Food Network, but more as a starting point then I doctored it until I liked the way it tasted.  This one WAS a fan with the boys.  So easy, kinda makes me wonder why I've been buying hummus this whole time!

That's it for this week.  Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment